Music’s impact on video games
January 12, 2009
Rockband and Guitar Hero have changed the face of video games. Now we have some stats from the folks at Guitar Hero that show the impact of the new title- Guitar Hero 3.
– $1billion in sales in a 26 month period- the first video game to reach $1 billion in sales
– 25,000 songs created and posted in the first 10 days
– 141,000 songs posted to date
– 600,000 community members
– 15-843% growth in the music sales for artists featured in the game
For years, no one could make a good music game and the whole genre was in disarray. However, fast forward to today with the impact of great user interfaces and co-operation from the music industry and you have a whole new world.
Posted by Ed CottonNext post Previous post
|The video gaming games to be the new x-games
Nielsen recently conducted a survey on the video...
|Disrupting categories- video games
The world of video games has become dominated by...
|Pushing tv into video games
There was an interesting story yesterday about...
|Halo 2 and gta san andreas video games battle for blockbuster status
The fact UK weekend sales for the new GTA title,...
|Video games are now serious play
For years video games and their makers have been...