9 reasons why berg’s little printer is smart
November 29, 2011
There’s much talk around the web today about a printer that’s been developed by a London consulting company called-BERG.
Here’s the film.
Here’s what’s important…
1. Printers are the most boring things around-(we worked on Epson and know the challenges) these guys managed to make one that’s cool
2. It’s cool because it has personality- “little printer” shifts it from a inanimate object to something personal and cute
3. It’s cool because the form factor plays with our conception and expectations of a printer
4. Small is the way to go because it matches and fits with our other devices- it’s a printer that doesn’t look out of place with our mobile devices and it looks like we can take it wherever we go
5. It recognizes and demonstrates to us that we might have things on our mobile devices that warrant printing- smart user understanding
6. HP dominates the business and has spent millions trying to make printers cool and they have failed every single time
7. Anyone can have an idea, but not everyone brings them to life
8. You need to bring it to life in a clever way- Berg’s film is great and agencies should have no problem doing this part
9. If you can dream it up- why not make it real? There’s nothing stopping you from dreaming up a product, bringing it to life and selling it- why not make your own products?Next post Previous post