$36 trillion ready to be re-imagined
May 30, 2012
Her main observations are as follows:
1. The emerging markets is where the action is at, because they are growing fastest
2. Mobile presents huge opportunity- but it’s not yet being realized
3. Tablets are one of the fastest growing technologies in history
4. Facebook is a powerful incubator for new media brands- Viddy added 17 million users thanks to promotion on the site
5. Categories are being re-imagined and this trend looks set to continue with the potential of $36 trillion in market capitalization up for grabs
Mary’s idea of re-imagination is the dream of the business school graduate who now has it within their power to transform business at a global scale- entirely through their own actions. The big challenge for the incumbents is to innovate to protect their share, because failing to re-imagine their own category will result in someone else doing it for them.
Those who believe is nothing is really changing, should take a look at what Mary has to say.
Next post Previous post